One word: Amazing!!!
These cookies are delicious. All lovers of snickers chocolate bars out there you gotta try these cookies and they even have peanut butter. I didn’t make the cookie dough though, oh I’ve just rhymed cool 🙂 . Anyway, my foodie pen pal Cici of foodie in the desert sent me the frozen cookie dough. I just sliced the dough and baked them. I made the cookies for Labour Day breakfast.
Here is her recipe:
1 cup all purpose flour
1/4 teaspoon baking soda
1/3 cup + 1 tablespoon unsalted butter
1/2 cup brown sugar
1/4 cup peanut butter (she used smooth)
1 teaspoon vanilla
2 * 56 g bars of snicker bars, chopped then frozen on a wide plate so they do not touch
1. Pre heat oven to 160°C
2. Sift flour, baking soda and salt in a bowl.
3. In a separate bowl, using a paddle attachment on an electric beater (you can used a wooden spoon also), cream peanut butter, butter and sugar on medium for about 3 minutes. Add in the egg and vanilla and slowly add the flour. Once the flour is well mixed and had reached dough consistency fold in the snickers using a wooden spoon.
4. Put the dough in the fridge for at least 30 minutes to harden the snickers again so they do not melt. You can also freeze the dough at this point for up to 6 weeks.
5. Scoop the dough using a tablespoon or your hand and roll into a ball, place on a cookie sheet and flatten with a spoon.
6. Bake for 12-15 minutes (12 minutes gives a chewy cookie, 15 minutes gives a harder cookie)
Since I had the dough, this is what I did.
After letting the dough thaw for a short while, I sliced it into 1 cm rings.
Line a baking tray with some parchment or grease proof paper. Lay out the rings.
Pop them in the oven and voila.
These cookies were very delicious. Hubby loved them.